Open Forum Friday

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

1. lurcher1948

Its advanced voting from tomorrow, remember 2 ticks RED,to avoid being crushed

• Ray

/  2nd October 2020

We all know you an undercover moll lurcher, as well we all know you will be two blue ticks.
      Keep up the good work komerad!✅

2. lurcher1948

In your deams

/  2nd October 2020

Suddenly Labour has decided it likes roads after all. Wonder if that will survive a coalition with the Neanderthals aka Greens.

• They have decided that they like Tiwai as well.

• Duker

/  2nd October 2020

“Labour has decided it likes roads after all”
      You didnt notice the size of the Land Transport fund over the next 5 -10 years then.
      national raided that fund for its tax cuts….. something doesnt add up and its bye to road upgrades unless it a ‘4 lane’ clogged with Audis
      They re-promised Keys harbour tunnel from 2013 which was supposed to be finished by 2027-8 ( allowing 15 years, nothing done of course , no money ) , now Judith says it will ‘start in’ …..2027-28

4. Corkey

/  2nd October 2020

Crikey, it’s been a hard week for me. What with beating socialists up and other stuff, I’m a little tired. So I was half-pie dozing when the radio crackled with ”Vote Social Credit.”
    Fugg, I thought they had died with the dinosaurs. The SC sheila claimed governments are now using Social Credit methods to handle Covid economies. What?

5. Melbourne has gone full retard, painting social distancing circles in the parks, seems we still have a way to go before we reach peak stupid 2020.

6. Jack

/  2nd October 2020

Check it out! I just found this great event on AllEvents.in, Let’s Go! – https://allevents.in/invercargill/jesus-encounter-revival-meeting/80001358273176

Yeah? Nah. Sat beside this man David Botting at local meet the candidates.

I carried my cross for the Church and this is what happened. (Remember, Kitty doesn’t read my posts much) –

Nyall Paris, Presbyterian minister, ex pentecostal, was MC. One candidate told me later that she timed also and discovered discrepancies. Paris praised Penny Simmonds, National, after her talk saying that she seems like an MP already. Almost jumped off my seat at that one. What blatant partisanship.

My turn to ask a question – “Do the candidates know what is their cross to bear?” (Provided a run down like I give my friends here – your cross is nothing onerous, it involves your spiritual talents to be used for Church, most Kiwis now misunderstand the cross, there is no name in all of history which causes offence as does the name of God – Jesus Christ.)

After Paris said that this question was ‘religious’ and not suitable most candidates responded with sincerity. It was beautiful (and yes, they don’t understand the cross well enough, but it was lovely all the same.)

Paris had the audacity to say that my question should be shut down yet two of the candidates had previously stated they were Christians. Josh Honiss presented as a conservative preaching and heavy laden, and Jackie West spoke from the heart regarding her faith in Jesus Christ, saying that the One Party is all about this. Almost every candidate gave my question a serious, personal and loving response.

Way to go Presbyterians and churchies (not)! Paris totally shut down a valid question from the floor regarding strife Simmonds has been involved with. She should have rebuffed Paris and insist on giving an answer, but no, she took the easy route.

As I handed the mike back to Paris I got in a swipe, blessed off load.
    “And this is one of the Presbyterians who tried to keep me out of the Church. And endorsing National here today.”

At the cuppa time one nice fellow thanked me for doing that. A few interesting conversations, and Presbyterian nastiness/fear simmering. (I went to the meeting for the sake of one of my children who asked to go. I had no intention of mingling with Presbyterians, despite having been personally invited by a candidate (a non Christian).

One lady attached herself to my communications with two young men when she realised I was telling ‘my story’. Gullible me, I thought she was friendly. Actually I hardly told ‘my story’ at all. But the men wanted to know my views about carrying one’s cross. When I said that the only way you may carry your cross is for Church, the body of Christ, she quietly hymphed and abruptly walked off.
    “See? A Presbyterian who cannot cope with the notion of carrying her cross.”

Wanted to eyeball Paris but he wasn’t going to let that happen. (Perhaps he was off to Peter Noble’s for his cuppa.)

David Botting whom I met for the first time tried to feed me the usual nonsense about being born again when you get filled with the Holy Spirit, a special extra spiritual event. (He also said that I’m obviously unforgiving and bitter since I mentioned the Presbyterians having put me out.)

That’s not how it works Kiwis. The Holy Spirit indwells you the moment you believe in Jesus Christ as your Redeemer. You don’t need total belief. Just a little is enough. God gives to you spiritual talents and if you will use them with the attitude that it’s for Church, you are cherishing your cross. As you carry your cross your natural and your spiritual align beautifully and your personality is made whole. For you. Our Father in heaven is more kind than we can fathom.

• Jack

/  2nd October 2020

Clarification – the question to Simmonds was put by a man I don’t know. I would have liked to hear Simmonds answer as we were drip fed little bits by media months ago. Obviously this is a simmering which should be seen to publicly. I wish Simmonds had done the right thing. It’s not easy for a gentleman to ask a question such as this from the floor. He’s not a stirrer but Paris treated him as such – typical Presbyterian behaviour

7. Jack

8. duperez

/  2nd October 2020

Please pass the detergent and disinfectant.

9. Duker

/  2nd October 2020

Breaking News …let me guess having all those packed rallies was whos idea.

What a gift for Schadenfriday

/  2nd October 2020

You ain’t thinking, are you? It’s mana from heaven provided he doesn’t become ill. He can milk this any way he wants.

• There is a separate post about this, Pete has just put it on.

Manna, not mana, and with the election so close he won’t be milking this.

10. Corky

/  2nd October 2020

Like I said when the Paul Goldsmith was receiving a beat from socialists, it was just a matter of waiting for Labour to stuff up. Oh, boy have they what.

They drew attention to housing. Hell, TV even had a clip of Angry Andy saying’ hell’ as he told an audience what would happen with housing should Labour become government. And he looked angry.

Then we had Labour saying they would ditch the RMA. Whaat!!! As Judith reminded the media…she offered to work with David Parker on RMA reform. He basically gave her the one finger salute.

Simply delicious…especially given our resident Lefties support the RMA. Guys, please remember you are drones for the hive. If you have to be jettison for the sake of the hive, it will happen without mercy. 🤔😄😂✔ 🤔😄😂✔ 🤔😄😂✔

/  2nd October 2020

RMA was created by National and they spent 9 years in power without altering it.

Hopeless.

/  2nd October 2020

Don’t you worry. Labour has put things RIGHT. The problem is all those bureaucrats who will be out of work. Yes, sir, they won’t be happy. Who knows, they may want utu. Bad move by Jacinda.